HL7 FHIR is a draft standard for the exchange of healthcare-related information, published by HL7. FHIR is designed to provide out-of-the-box interoperability by giving you datamodels, a REST interface and support API’s to quickly build both FHIR-compliant servers and clients.
Want to know more? Here’s what you can do:
- Read the latest version of the specification at the HL7 FHIR site.
- Follow this blog, and also Grahame Grieve’s blog entries on FHIR
- Keep an eye on #FHIR on Twitter
- Subscribe to the HL7 FHIR mailinglist
- Come to a Connectathon (and bring some software!)
- Join the FHIR chat on Zulip via https://chat.fhir.org/.